- Friday: Check-In, Packet Pickup, Set Up Camp
- Saturday: Day 1 Ride
- Sunday: Day 2 Ride, Event End
Your Registration Includes:
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (Friday-Sunday)
- Rest Stop Snacks and Drinks
- Soda, Beer, Wine, Coffee
- Mechanical and Medical Support
- A Campsite
- Line Entertainment and Activities Each Night
- Commemorative T-Shirt and Event Guide
*Registration does not cover: Bike rentals or alternative accommodations (hotels)
Routes: Participants can expect 3 days of moderately challenging terrain. The dirt/gravel roads are well maintained by the US Forest Service. Each day will bring hills, gravel, and paved roads. You should expect a ratio of 50% paved and 50% gravel roads each day. The ride is set up for mountain, cross, gravel, and crossover bikes with wider, knobby tires. Road bikes are not recommended.
- Long Route: 50-60 miles per day
- Short Route: 20-30 miles per day
Ride Format: Each day, the ride will start and end at our BASC Basecamp (*location TBD). 3-Day, 2-Day, and 1-Day ride options are available.
Rest Stops: Rest stops will be placed along each bike course; you can expect at least 3 rest stops each day for the long course and at least 1 rest stop for the short course. Locations will be stocked with water and an electrolyte-type drink. Along with appropriate cycling snacks. If you require specific food or beverage, please plan on bringing along your ride!
Best Bike Options: Given the terrain type and BASC being a gravel ride experience; mountain, gravel, and cyclocross bicycles are strongly recommended. Bicycles that have wider, knobby-type tires will roll over the gravel/dirt roads with greater ease.
- E-Bikes are welcome – please follow the recommendations above regarding bike types.
- Please do not plan on riding a triathlon, beach cruiser, road, or any bicycle with skinny tires and no tread. We also do not recommend single-speed bicycles, but rather bikes with gears.
- Helmets are required.
Mechanical Support: While we will have support vehicles on each bike route, that can assist in changing a flat or perhaps a minor mechanical issue, it is strongly suggested you bring the necessary tubes, tools, and supplies you need for your specific bike type. The event may not have the items you require at the time to service your bike.
Children: These routes are not recommended for children 14 and under. If you are unsure whether these routes are right for your child, please email us at BASC@postandcourier.com. Anyone 17 and under can register as a "Child Rider".
Refund Policy: We do not offer refunds. If a registrant is unable to attend Bicycle Across South Carolina for any reason, they will be able to transfer their registration to another rider or carry over to 2024 NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 1, 2023. Please email BASC@postandcourier.com before September 1, 2023 to transfer. There will be a transfer fee of $50.
- Camping: Campsites are included with your registration. They will be offered up on a first come first serve basis but there are plenty of great spots at our Basecamp!
- RV / Camper: There are limited RV / Camper spots available. Please note, there will be no water or electric hookups so it will be "boondocking" style only! Please make sure to let us know what size vehicle you will be bringing when you register (you will be prompted).
- Hotels: Hotels are not included with your registration but we will have a group rate that you'll be able to take advantage of. The designated hotels will most likely be in Greenwood about 30 min away since they are the only hotels that are big enough to accommodate a group of our size. You're also welcome to book any Airbnbs, Bed and Breakfast or hotels that you find closer to McCormick.