Join The Adventure
Bicycle Across South Carolina (BASC) is a multi-day gravel ride that takes participants off the road and onto the scenic trails of South Carolina. Riders will experience the adventure of a lifetime as they explore rural gravel roads, camp under an endless country sky, and engage with a community of like-minded enthusiasts.
2023 Dates Announced Soon!
- Ride Format: Each day, the ride will start and end at our BASC Basecamp. 3-Day, 2-Day, and 1-Day ride options are available.
- Routes: THIS IS A GRAVEL / OFF-ROAD RIDE. Participants can expect 3 days of moderately challenging terrain. The dirt/gravel roads are well maintained by the US Forest Service. Each day will bring hills, gravel, and paved roads. You should expect a ratio of 50% paved and 50% gravel roads each day. The ride is set up for mountain, cross, gravel, and crossover bikes with wider, knobby tires. Road bikes are not recommended.
- Long Route: 50-60 miles per day
- Short Route: 20-30 miles per day
- Location: Announced Spring 2023
The ride (not race) is an inclusive multi-day gravel ride that highlights the beauty and vast landscapes of South Carolina.
Each year, new and returning riders conquer the ride and bond over a beer after the excitement dies down after the ride.
Riders young and old are called to this ride to experience the diverse routes, rustic campsites and off-the-grid lifestyle.