- Early Bird: $425 (April 14 - May 14)
- Regular: $475 (May 15 - October 8)
- Early Bird: $350 (April 14 - May 14)
- Regular: $400 (May 15 - October 8)
- Regular: $125
- Single day riding, no camping
- Overnight: $185
- Overnight camping October 13 - October 14
Children (*Ages 14 - 17)
- 3-Day Ride: $350
- 2-Day Ride: $250
- 1-Day Ride: $100
- 1-Day Ride (overnight): $125
Non-Riders / Guests
- 3-Day Non-Rider Adult Ticket: $350
- 2-Day Non-Rider Adult Ticket: $250
- 1-Day Non-Rider Adult Ticket: $100
- 1-Day Non-Rider Overnight Adult Ticket: $175
- 3-Day Non-Rider Child Ticket (12 and under): $250
- 2-Day Non-Rider Child Ticket (12 and under): $200
- 1-Day Non-Rider Child Ticket (12 and under): $100
- 1-Day Non-Rider Overnight Child Ticket (12 and under): $150
**We do not offer refunds. If a registrant is unable to attend Bicycle Across South Carolina for any reason, they will be able to transfer their registration to another rider or carry over to 2024 NO LATER THAN August 1, 2023. Please email BASC@postandcourier.com before August 1, 2023 to transfer. There will be a transfer fee of $50. Bicycle Across South Carolina has the ability to grant or deny any transfers.
If you transferred your ride in 2022, you have until August 1, 2023 to claim your deferred ride for 2023. Email basc@Postandcourier.com to redeem your ride.
We do not offer refunds. If a registrant is unable to attend Bicycle Across South Carolina for any reason, they will be able to transfer their registration to another rider or carry over to 2024 NO LATER THAN August 1, 2023. Please email BASC@postandcourier.com before August 1, 2023 to transfer. There will be a transfer fee of $50 applied to both 2024 transfers and transfers to other riders. Bicycle Across South Carolina has the ability to grant or deny any transfers.
BASC is designed to be an all-inclusive event for riders!
Your registration includes:
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Rest Stop snacks and drinks during the ride
- Coffee, Soda, Water, Beer, and Wine
- A Campsite
- Live entertainment and festivities Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night (*depending on which ride you choose)
- BASC Commemorative T-Shirt and event guide
Registration does not cover: Bike rentals or alternative accommodations (hotels)
The exact routes will be announced closer to the event.
Long Route: 50-60 miles per day
Short Route: 20-30 miles per day
THIS IS A MULTI-SURFACE RIDE, MULTI-USE RIDE.
Participants can expect 3 days of moderately challenging terrain ranging from gravel, pavement, chip, seal, and maybe even a little dirt. With the varied terrain, our 2023 routes are friendly for a majority of types of bikes including gravel, cross, road, and mountain bikes. We recommend anything you are comfortable riding 20-50+ miles of varied terrain on. Expect different routes each day highlighting the unique scenery surrounding our basecamp!
Participants can expect 3 days of moderately challenging terrain ranging from gravel, pavement, chip, seal, and maybe even a little dirt. We recommend anything you are comfortable riding 20-50+ miles of varied terrain on. Expect different routes each day highlighting the unique scenery surrounding our basecamp!
Recommended Bikes: Given the terrain type and BASC being a mixed-use ride experience; mountain, gravel, and cyclocross bicycles are strongly recommended. Bicycles that have wider, knobby-type tires will roll over the gravel/dirt roads with greater ease. Road and hybrid bikes can be rode at your own discretion.
- E-Bikes are welcome – please follow the recommendations above regarding bike types.
- Note: You will be responsible for charging your bike throughout the weekend. At this time, access to charging stations is not confirmed so please plan accordingly. We will post any updates asap.
- Please do not plan on riding a triathlon, beach cruiser, or any bicycle with skinny tires and no tread. We also do not recommend single-speed bicycles, but rather bikes with gears.
- Helmets are required.
Recommend Tires: We suggest tires with some sort of traction and/or wider, knobby tires. 28mm is the suggested minimum.
For more resources about which bike would be right for you, please click here.
Yes, you can use either of these because it is a ride and not a race. Please note that you will be responsible for charging your bike each night. At this time, access to charging stations is not confirmed so please plan accordingly. We will update post any updates here asap.
BASC Basecamp: TO BE ANNOUNCED
Camping: Campsites are included with your registration. They will be offered up on a first come first serve basis but there are plenty of great spots at our Basecamp!
RV / Camper: There are limited RV / Camper spots available. Please note, water and electricity are not guaranteed at this time! RV spots are reserved on a first-come first-serve basis and may sell out. Please make sure to let us know what size vehicle you will be bringing when you register (you will be prompted).
Hotels: Hotels are not included with your registration, so feel free to book at your own discretion.
April 14 2023: Early Bird Registration Opens
May 14, 2023: Early Bird Registration Ends, Regular Pricing Begins
Oct. 8, 2023: Registration closes
Oct. 12, 2023: RIDE TIME!!
*Dates are subject to change slightly.
This is a rain or shine event. As long as it is safe for us to ride we will! Routes may shift slightly or we can cut short in case of bad weather but unless it's hurricane-like weather, we will hold the ride as scheduled.
The BASC Basecamp is where the ride will start and end each day. This year's Basecamp is at Rock Hill Criterium Course.
Yes! The campsites will be primitive but shower trailers and restrooms will be available at our BASC Basecamp for riders.
Yes, we will be able to accommodate RVs and Campers at our campsite. RV spots are reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis and may sell out. Please make sure to let us know what size vehicle you will be bringing when you register (you will be prompted).
RV spots will be an additional cost at BASC 2023 through the city of Rock Hill. To secure your spot, please visit this website and be sure you are under "BMX RV Lot." Should you choose to bring an RV, please reach out to BASC@postandcourier.com to notify us of your reserved spot. Each RV Spot will include water and power hook ups. Should you not lock in your spot prior to the ride, you will not be allowed to park your RV at Basecamp and will have to find alternative accommodations.
While BASC is here to support you before, during, and after your ride each day, we do suggest that you come prepared with the necessary gear and bike supplies to suit you and work best for your bicycle. Riders are responsible for bringing their own camping gear and tents. Hotel options are available as well.
Below is a suggested list. Please be sure your bike is in great working condition prior to the ride and factor in supply chain and labor delays!
- Helmet - every rider must have a helmet to participate in the ride
- Hydration - pack or water bottles
- Hydration mix
- Snacks - food for your day, energy bars, gels, etc.
- Spare tubes that fit your wheels
- Tire levers
- CO2, hand pump or inflation device
- Spare chain
- Spare derailleur hanger for your bike
- Multitool/allen tools
- Cell phone and charger
- Chain tool
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling shorts
- Clothing your most comfortable in while riding
- Rain jacket
- Sunglasses and/or appropriate eyewear
- Bug spray
- Personal ID
- Medical info/emergency contact card
Camp and Personal Items:
- Sleeping Bag
- Eye protection (sunglasses or clear lenses)
- First-aid items (see our First-Aid Checklist)
- Medical info/emergency contact card
- Toilet paper/tissue
- Lip balm
- Insect repellent
- Chamois cream
- Small, quick-dry towel for cleanups
- Performance food/gels/drinks
- Guidebook or route description
- Off-day clothing
- Cell phone
- Cash/credit card/ID
- Chargers and/or portable chargers
- Flashlights and/or headlamps
No worries! BASC is a community of like-minded cyclists all looking to meet new people. We often have groups of solo-riders who join up night 1 and ride together! BASC is the perfect place to meet new cycling buds and you are sure to find someone to ride with, and maybe even a new corn hole partner for after the ride!
Additionally, you are able to search through fellow registrations on our registration page. We also encourage riders to join our Facebook page to coordinate carpools, cabins, etc.
Yes, we will have vegetarian meal options for each meal. Please make sure you note in your registration (you will be prompted). Other dietary restrictions may be able to be accommodated by our hospitality team but there are no guarantees. Make sure to note all dietary restrictions or allergies when registering so we can get an accurate headcount.
Yes, for all valid active military or veterans we're happy to offer 5% off their 1-day, 2-day, or 3-day registration. Please email a valid form of identification to BASC@postandcourier.com and you will be issued a promo code.
Valid Form of ID includes:
- Active Duty:
- Leave and Earning Statement
- Power of Attorney (military-specific)
- Leave and Earnings Statement
- NGM 23
- Retirement Points Statement
- NGB 22
- Honorable Discharge Certificate
- Drivers License listing Veteran Status
- Veteran Affairs ID Card
- VA Form 26-1880
- Official Letter
*Limited to 1 promotion per registrant. Veterans discount may not be combined with Early Bird or any other promotional offers.
Yes, family members and friends are welcome to the ride. Anyone wishing to spend the weekend with you camping and using BASC event services (nightly activates, food and beverages, entertainment, showers, socials, etc.) MUST be registered as a Non-Rider. This is a discounted fee that includes all the benefits of a full registration minus access to the routes. We also encourage all Non-Riders to help assist BASC by volunteering.
Non-Riders are welcome to join in nightly festivities but will be on their own while riders are out on the trail.
Due to the mileage and intensity of our routes, we recommend no children under the age of 14. Children 14+ are welcome to join as long as they can handle the mileage and are accompanied by an adult at all times.
We also have non-rider options where children are welcome to tag along for the camping, nightly activities, and adventure! Please visit our registration site to book a non-rider.
Please email us directly to determine whether your child is fit for this ride.
Absolutely! We understand camping is not for everyone. If you visit this blog, you will see a list of hotels nearby based on distance to base camp.
No. As long as you are registered, you will be given a campsite based on first come first serve as you arrive to the event.