Join The Adventure
Bicycle Across South Carolina (BASC) is a multi-day gravel ride that takes participants off the road and onto the scenic trails of South Carolina. Riders will experience the adventure of a lifetime as they explore rural gravel roads, camp under an endless country sky, and engage with a community of like-minded enthusiasts.
October 13 - 16, 2022
- Ride Format: Each day, the ride will start and end at our BASC Basecamp. 3-Day, 2-Day, and 1-Day ride options are available.
- Routes: THIS IS A GRAVEL / OFF-ROAD RIDE. Participants can expect 3 days of moderately challenging terrain. The dirt/gravel roads are well maintained by the US Forest Service. Each day will bring hills, gravel, and paved roads. You should expect a ratio of 50% paved and 50% gravel roads each day. The ride is set up for mountain, cross, gravel, and crossover bikes with wider, knobby tires. Road bikes are not recommended.
- Long Route: 50-60 miles per day
- Short Route: 20-30 miles per day
- Location: McCormick County, South Carolina - Among the pines and hill country of Sumter National Forest, nestled along South Carolina’s Freshwater Coast of Lake Thurmond.
- Base Camp: The South Carolina Governor's School for Agriculture at John de la Howe (JDLH)
The ride (not race) is an inclusive multi-day gravel ride that highlights the beauty and vast landscapes of South Carolina.
Each year, new and returning riders conquer the ride and bond over a beer after the excitement dies down after the ride.
Riders young and old are called to this ride to experience the diverse routes, rustic campsites and off-the-grid lifestyle.
Interested in Training?
Bicycle Across South Carolina (BASC) has partnered with Rocket Revolution to create a five week training program specifically for BASC cyclists! Each week focuses on a different pillar essential to riding a successful BASC: endurance training, nutrition and hydration, tires, and other topics. As a seasoned racer, coach Andrew will have plenty of tips to elevate your BASC experience whether you're a seasoned BASC veteran or new to gravel! Even more exciting than learning new tips, the virtual community experience allows you to meet fellow BASC riders even before the event in October! Sign up today to meet fellow cyclists and learn how to improve your cycling experience!