At Bicycle Across South Carolina, we offer various nightly accommodations for riders – camping, hotels, RVs and more!
With 236 registrations and counting, ranging from South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, AND New York, there have been many questions regarding sleeping arrangements and accommodations.
Learn more about our campsites, RV/Camper options, “Car Camping”, and hotel partners below!
A camp site is included with all rider’s registration fee. Once riders arrive on-site to check-in, they will get to choose their camp site! We have plenty of space available so all riders are guaranteed a designated spot – just make sure you select “camping” when registering. We do not provide camping equipment but are happy to make suggestions on what to bring!
Places for hammocks are available but are limited! All campsites will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
At the moment we are SOLD OUT of RV/Camper parking. If you haven’t signed up yet or didn’t select “RV/Camper” when registering, no worries we’ve got some nearby campgrounds that will be able to accommodate your vehicle. If you have signed up for a RV/Camper spot, please note that there will be no hookups, power, or dump stations available – boondock style only! We will have restrooms and showers available for your use.
- Other RV/Camper Accommodations
- Lake Thurmond RV Park (26 min drive west)
- Big Creek RV Park (26 min drive NE)
- Hamilton Branch State Park (34 min drive southwest)
- Twin Magnolia RV Park (33-minute drive south)
- **PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY THROUGH PARKS
- **If you are staying at an off-site RV Park, you are required to transport yourself to and from Basecamp each morning and night. Transportation will not be included.
- **If you already booked an on-site RV/Camper spot through our team and would like to switch to a location with hookups, please notify Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our new Basecamp allows for ample parking and campsites! All cars, RVs, and campers will be parked in the Upper Lot. Campsites, meals, nightly activities, music, campsite, etc. will all take place a short walk away in the Lower Lot.
Want to turn your car into a comfy bed or have a tent to pitch in your truck bed? You’re welcome to “car camp” as long as you don’t take up any more space that your vehicle size. Vehicles will be parked in rows so we do not have room for tents next to cars. You’re also welcome to go back and forth between car camping and tent camping if you’d like or if there’s inclement weather.
Last but not least, those looking for luxuary! Hotel options are available but are not included in your registration so there will be additional fees. You can book directly through your preferred hotel. Due to our new format, riders will always have access to their car and can stay at whatever hotel they’d like as long as they can provide their own transportation to/from the basecamp where the ride will start/end each day. We do have a hotel block at Fairfield Inn and Suites Greenwood – book here
Hotel Partner: Fairfield Inn & Suites Greenwood
- 30-minute drive from the venue, transportation not included (you will have access to your car all weekend)
- Additional $109 per night, click here to book.
- Make sure to mention “Bicycle Across South Carolina” to get the group rate
Still have questions? Shoot me an email here and I’ll be happy to assist!
Join the Adventure
As the event continues to evolve over the next few months, we want to hear what you’d like to see at BASC. Post-ride yoga? Football on a big screen? Email me here and we’ll see what we can do!
Interested in being a sponsor? Email Alison at email@example.com.